I Needed Color -- Jim Carrey Paints

Did you know that Jim Carrey paints?
This video surprised and inspired me, so I added captions to it.

Some great Jim Carrey quotes from this video are:
  • "What you do when life chooses you, you can choose to not do it. You can choose to try to do something safer. Your vocation chooses you."
  • "I think what makes someone an artist is they make models of their inner life. They make something physically come into being that is inspired by their emotions or their needs or what they feel the audience needs."
  • "Art has to be service. You know, it's like you're servicing your subconscious. And at the same time you're doing something that someone's going to relate to, hopefully."
  • "The energy that surrounds Jesus is electric. I don't know if Jesus is real, I don't know if he lived, I don't know what he means, but the paintings of Jesus are really my desire to convey Christ consciousness. I wanted you to have the feeling when you looked in his eyes that he was accepting of who you are. I wanted him to be able to stare at you and heal you from the painting. You can find every race in the face of Jesus, and I think that's how every race imagines Jesus. They imagine him as their own."
  • "Something inside you is always telling a story."
This took me 13 minutes to transcribe, which is roughly double the length of the video, and then another 42 minutes to clean it up, complete the sync, review, and publish. Enjoy!