The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog

"The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog."

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country."

I start just about every realtime translation by writing those phrases on my steno machine. The first is a pangram, which, I've written about before here, is a sentence using every letter in a given alphabet. They're often used for keyboarding practice and displaying typefaces, etc.

I started writing the second sentence once it was given to us in, probably, steno theory class and have since updated it as follows to stay with the times and to be true to myself: "Now is the time for all good people to come to the aid of their planet."

Curious about where the original phrase came from, I did a little research and discovered that it originated in the pages of typing manuals, as it takes up an entire 70-space line when a period is placed at the end. Huh.


Anyway, this drawn-out, semi-rambling post is really to distract you, the reader, from the fact I'm sharing an art journal spread here that's been held pretty close to the chest lately. Having worked in this field for over five years, now, I'm realizing that to continue along this path, my career must evolve along with me as I grow and change. As a result, some of my free time lately has been spent networking with entrepreneurs, learning about digital marketing, refining this website, collaborating with others, and clarifying my vision for the future, especially as it relates to work/life balance. I look forward to sharing more of the process here!