Setting Goals

As per a blog post I commented on, I'm putting my goals into print so that I may be held accountable for my progress through court reporting school and in the professional world. This image sums up the goal setting process perfectly so that you can set your own goals to ensure your success in all things steno.


Put your goals up on a piece of neon poster board with glitter glue or something and hang it up in front of where you usually practice. Get creative with it! This is a form of visualizing, a great tool in helping people reach their goals. Set daily, short-term, and long term goals and work from small to large. And then for goodness' sake get to work achieving them!

So without further ado, here are my goals. Drumroll, please!

1. Transcribe and edit at least one five-minute take during tomorrow's practice session.

2. Average three hours of practice time per day from now through next week Friday.

3. Pass two 190 Q&A takes during my first month back at school in the fall.

4. Reach internship speed (200 Q&A) by winter break.

5. Pass my 225s by the end of spring semester.

6. Obtain my RPR certification within a year of passing my 225s.

Did I mention aim high? "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land amongst the stars." -Les Brown